Thursday, May 24, 2012

Happy Birthday Joseph Chastain, for you a review!

This is my second review of a screenplay, both of them by Mr Chastain. I must say this one was an absolute delight! Full of wrestling facts with generous doses of comedy as well. The characters are all relatable, and situations perceivable, which seems to be a signature of Joseph.

I also detect a moral woven within these scenes, that we shouldn’t hold on to grudges as they don’t just affect those immediately involved, but also those around us.

The styling is very Brechtian, with placards and time jumps of memory, which I personally love, being a fan of Bertolt Brecht from my own days of theatre as a teen. A mentionable name who clearly uses Brechtian type style for films has to be Quentin Tarantino, one of my favourite directors and screen writers. So with that in mind, I do see bright things in the future for this screen writer/director/producer if he keeps up this quality of writing.

Marks is definitely a film I would love to see on screen!
You can find out more about another work by Joseph: Not Without Reason.

2 comments:

  1. Nice review hon but what was the screenplay's name? *scratches head wondering*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I just realised I didn't say it until the end: Marks. I'll have to fix it in the morning, I can barely keep my eyes open and I'm posting on my phone

    ReplyDelete