Thursday, April 5, 2012

Review of The Vampire's Witch by Kiki Howell

Anyone who knows me knows I love vampires and witches so when the opportunity arose to review Ms Howell’s book that has both, I couldn’t resist. From the moment I set eyes on the cover, I was drawn in. Shane Willis is quite the cover artist.
Vampire’s Witch starts strong, mid-dilemma. The explanation fits in smoothly and paints the start of an interesting, intricate background. Ms Howell has an interesting and unique style of writing that is powerfully spell binding and quite enjoyable.
As Isaac tries to revenge the murder of his maker, Drake, and protect the Vampire coven he begins to piece together the night he was turned, with the help of a witch who had been there that night, Winter.
I love the names that Kiki has chosen for her characters; slightly periodical and yet modern, not to mention strong and individual names. A name has power and it is clear that much thought has been given over each of the names for these characters.
The plot is intriguing and the mysteries of Isaac’s past and what is going to happen next kept the pages turning. The attraction between Isaac and Winter is obvious and delicious. Their relationship is easy to enjoy and I wanted to know everything there was to know about them.
Ms Howell weaves a spell binding web that ensnares the mind and lets the reader drift away in to another world. I highly look forward to the next two books in this series!